Written by Intern Dianna Colontonio 2016
Brides On A Budget: 5 Tips For Saving Money On Your Wedding Planning.
1. DIY- From centerpieces to favors, decor pieces or sweet treats. Creating a fun project for any of these things is guaranteed to save you more than a few dollars.
2. Cut your guest list. Once you’ve done that, trim it even more. Trust me, those people you were friends with in high school that only come up as a Facebook notification inviting you to play Farmville won’t cry forever about it. Keep it simple and intimate with your family and closest friends. This will cut down costs on catering, seating, invitations, and may have a large impact on the venue price if you can opt for a smaller site.
3. Venue- Choose a venue that has space for both your ceremony and reception. Not only will you save money on transportation, but you can possibly get an all inclusive package deal offered by the venue.
• Do your research on wedding dates that are the most popular and avoid them. Venues will charge more on a date that has a higher demand, just like a florist will raise their price on flowers around Valentine’s Day.
4. Prioritize. Figure out what is most important to you in terms of the different elements so you can save money on things that aren’t as meaningful to you. Would you rather spend a few extra dollars on nicer flowers and save money on your cake by having a simple design? Weigh the pros and cons of your options and decide how to budget them.
5. Take your time. Planning a huge event like a wedding is going to take a lot of time, and you should be in no rush because you’re going to spend the rest of your life with your partner! Taking the time to do thorough research will be worth the bucks you save by booking everything early! This will also allow you more time to save more paychecks.